Thursday, March 17, 2022

F*****g Garmin!

Why on earth Grizzly decided to buy a Garmin, feck alone knows. All I know is  it has cost us both a lot of time trying to get the Garmin routes to match the Tomtom ones. I think I/we have cracked it though, so they are 99.9% the same. Proof will be in the tiramisu I guess.

Had a ride out to Sittingbourne (where I'll be living from July)) on Tuesday, to take Ginny for her MOT. She passed. We've covered just over 5000 miles since last March,  4500 of which were on the 3 Nations Tour, so you can see I've not been riding too much over the past 9 months. I've done about 1700 on the tyres I had fitted on that tour, which gives me a dilemma before Italy. Risk or replace? Risk running this set on tour and find they wear out before I get back or change them first. It is possible but unlikely I will make it round Italy with the tyres in a reasonable condition at the end, so to get my monies worth, I really need to get some miles on them before June, then get a new set fitted for the tour. There's also a service to be done before then. I have 671 miles before the 6k service interval is up. The service spanner is already showing on the dash though.

Think that's all for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment